We were forwarded an interesting proclamation from the garrulous folks at AccomProperties this week stating rather spuriously their website was achieving “record sales activity”, and conflating this with a misleading side-by-side graphic of our site which apparently “speaks for itself”. They had of course rated themselves A and us F based on a mysterious “G.T. Metrix”…
Now look, I love a good Gin & Tonic as much as the next guy, and I’m sure it’s a great metrix on a hot summer’s day (keeps the malaria away after all) but I wouldn’t be measuring my website’s performance as an effective marketing portal on a G.T. Metrix, and neither should anyone else!
I don’t like getting into the nitty gritty of this stuff but when someone makes misleading claims about our company, directly to our clients, in an effort to bolster their ailing magazine publication, I feel a burning need to respond with the truth, so here’s the truth:
- TheOnsiteManager outperforms AccomProperties on every single metric that matters:
- TheOnsiteManager outperforms them on search engines (We are first and second vs second last on the first page of Google for the organic search ‘Management Rights’);
- TheOnsiteManager outperforms them on traffic with up to 40,000 visits per month to our site;
- TheOnsiteManager outperforms them on sales activity: they boasted that they’d set a “new record” recently with 60 sales enquiries over a 2 day period. In the last fortnight our peak 2 day period was 240 sales enquiries – 360% better sales performance (and that’s just in the last fortnight!);
- TheOnsiteManager lists around 3 times as many management rights as them, in fact we essentially have all of the management rights listings, with 70% of our MR brokers on exclusive contracts;
That’s the truth.
Oh and while we’re on the subject of metrics… we attempted to replicate AccomProperties reported results from GTMetrix… and here’s what we *actually* scored:
They’re putting something very fishy in their Gin & Tonic Metrix over there at AccomProperties HQ, and it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
They accused us of “putting other providers down” by merely correcting this shameless untruth. The irony of protesting being punched down upon while simultaneously declaring oneself a “Leader” is a paradox I’ll leave you to ponder ;). Unfortunately it seems the record must be set straight once again. In the meantime, who’s up for a fresh G.T.?